“You never realize how much your parents loved you until you have a child of your own.”
What makes you, YOU?
- Midwestern mom and dad… the best. I often told them if I could someday be half as good as a parent as they were, I’d be a success.
- My children, Kimberly and Jack, are everything to me. I’d do anything for them, give my life for them, bear any burden for them. Just don’t tell ‘em or it’ll ruin everything I got goin’!
- Laughter. I learned long ago that if I laugh at myself, and make fun of myself, I can disarm my enemies.
- Climbed the Xerox Corporate ladder for six years and then jumped off to be my own boss. I was still pretty far down the ladder so it was really only a hop. But I’ve never looked back with any regret.
Things that make you tick...
- A “driver, wedge, one putt” birdie on a 420 yard par 4
- Chocolate with red wine... anywhere, anytime
- Watching my kids love, learn and grow
- Motorcycle ride at dawn before the “cages” come out
- A melody and lyric that combine to tell a perfect story
Pet peeves, dislikes, and anything else wrong with everything?
- Drivers who own the road.
- Drivers who think they own the road
- Expired milk
What is your shaman power animal?
- Polar bear — they’re considered threatened species yet they sometimes eat their young. Who’s going to tell them to stop?
Most embarrassing professional moment?
- Early in my printing sales career, a client called me and ordered 15,000 of their 28 page catalog. I heard 50,000 and proceeded without a written purchase order. Needless to say, I didn’t get paid my commission on that one.
Goofy and guilty pleasure of yours?
- Singing in falsetto with Celine Dion to the chorus of the Love Theme from Titanic.
Go-to bar joke?
- A guy comes home from work, walks into his bedroom, and finds a stranger having sex with his wife. He says, “What the hell are you two doing?” His wife turns to the stranger and says, “I told you he was stupid.”
Your last meal?
- Bananas Foster waffle from Mon Ami in Vegas
Good book for a long-flight?
- No Country for Old Men