“Do not be the richest man in the grave yard.”
What makes you, YOU?
- My Mother. The definition of sacrifice and putting others first.
- My wife and kids. They help me to understand that unconditional love is by far the strongest thing in this world.
- My grandfather. Taught me what was important in life — how to treat people and most important to never be the richest man in the graveyard. Enjoy life.
- Left the corporate world to form Agency|51 at a time when everyone said it was a bad idea. Loved proving those people wrong.
- My competitive nature. My biggest challenge was to understand that losing was OK as long as you did your best. This has never sat well for me but I have come to understand that you cannot win them all. Yet I still hate to lose — at just about anything.
Things that make you tick...
- The Boston Red Sox
- Coaching my kids’ sports teams
- Fenway Park — what a place
- My wife’s smile — she had me at hello
- Making people laugh
Pet peeves, dislikes, and anything else wrong with everything?
- NY Yankees.
- People that are not accountable for their actions
- Daniel Snider — owner of the Redskins
- Bad drivers
Your first (and last) magazine cover?
- Parenting. “The art of being a dedicated father”
Achievement you thought you couldn't accomplish, but did?
- Living long enough to see the Sox win a world series! Thank you.
Your midnight shift superhero identity?
- Captain Cauliflower. And I would have the power to make all children happy and smile every day. And eat their cauliflower to grow up to be big and strong. And of course I do not like cauliflower — which only adds to my super powers.
Most embarrassing professional moment?
- Mistakenly sent an e-mail to a female client that used the word “thong” in place of “thing.” An honest typo that spell check just does not catch.
What is your shaman power animal?
- A wet nosed dog. I am loyal to a fault — note: being a Red Sox fan has that affect.
Drop some knowledge on the world...
- Walking the lead off batter leads to a run 40% of the time. You should throw strikes.
Fairly useless but unique skill or trick?
- Can tie a cherry stem into a knot with just my tongue. Quickly no less. Amazes my kids and anyone else at the table.
Movie most likely left in your DVD player?
- Hoosiers. Love the underdog.
Must see TV?
- 2½ Men until Charlie went nuts. Probably Criminal Minds now.